Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Five Days of Handmade Christmas Cards - Day Two: Cork!


Welcome to the second day of...

Five Days of Handmade Christmas Cards!



If you missed yesterday's post, check out day one - Glitter - HERE!

Today, we talk about

Cork!

Cork isn't something that's used a lot in card making, but because of that, using it adds an element of surprise & charm.



To make the cork tree, I found a template online, cut it out & traced it onto the sheet of cork. Then I simply cut out the tree shape. The sheet of cork I used had adhesive backing on it already.

Adding some adhesive backed gems & a button to the top makes it look even more Christmasy!



Products used:
Cardstock - Michael's
Doily - Dollar store
Cork sheet - Michael's
Gems - Michael's
Button - Unknown
Baker's Twine - My Mind's Eye
Christmas Wishes Rub-on - Stampin' Up!
Stitching with sewing machine


The cork adds an element of nature to the card. I love the woodsy feel!

Make sure you come back tomorrow for Washi Tape!

~~~~~

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy Your Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips