Friday, January 18, 2013

Over The Rainbow Card


Do the dreary days of winter ever get you down?  I, for one, sure love to see colour & clear skies during these cold months!

Another thing I love during the winter (well, really anytime of year) is connecting with friends. Wouldn't you love to receive a happy, colourful, cheerful card from a friend on a cold, dreary day? 

Me too.


The idea from this card was lifted from a card I saw in a magazine awhile ago - I think it was Paper Crafts magazine.

I just love the colourful rainbow effect of the ribbons!



And the stitching adds just the perfect finishing touch.



Products Used:
  • Cardstock - Michaels
  • Ribbons - Making Memories, Michaels, My Mind's Eye, Stampin' Up!
  • Clouds - cut from paper by My Mind's Eye
  • Stamp - Close To My Heart
  • Stitching - Sew Easy Stitch Piercer

Go forth & create something cheery to brighten someone's day! :)


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!





22 comments:

  1. that is adorable!!! i especially love the addition of the puffy clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love how colorful this is. Very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! So pretty! I'd like to invite you to participate in my Pin Me Linky Party. It goes Fri-Wed. I allow up to 3 links each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle HargreavesSaturday, January 19, 2013

    This is really pretty! It makes me want a sew easy stitcher really badly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful card! Perfect for brightening someone's day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! So creative!!!

    T'onna @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2013/01/submarine-sunday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! Love how bright and colorful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Audra @ Renewed ProjectsTuesday, January 22, 2013

    ooooh! I"m so glad I found your blog. I'm the craft coordinator for our MOPS group and we're making cards to mail to friends and family. (Proverbs 16:24 Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.) I've been looking for inspirational ideas to put on a power point during the activity. May I use some of your card ideas? Audra @ Renewed Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card would definitely make my day :) what a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at The Weekly Creative link party!

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! I love it! You made me want to send someone a card!! :) I am visiting your link from the Wow Me Wednesday Party on Ginger Snap Crafts! Visit me sometime and link up at my Party In Polka Dots... hosted every Monday!


    Shelley


    www.piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever idea. I absolutely love the patterned ribbon making up the rainbow. Great work. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! Love that you used ribbon for the rainbow - when I first saw it at Southern Lovely's linky party, I assumed it was paper. I'm a new follower! Danielle {SewMuchCrafting.com}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! It would really cute to make and frame in a little girl's room as artwork! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Steph @ Crafting in the RainWednesday, January 23, 2013

    So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for linking up. I am now following via GFC, Facebook, Pinterest, & Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card! This is such a great idea. This also reminds me of St. Patty's day! :) I am visiting from House of Hepworths and a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Found you on Lil' Luna's link party and I'd love for you to come link this up at my Tuesday Time Out that is still open! I love it!


    Reasons To Skip The Housework

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love handmade cards and this is just about the cutest one I've ever seen. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ruth at number 29Friday, January 25, 2013

    beautiful! the ribbon colours really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love it!! Pinned and so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this card, it is simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing on Blog Stalking Thursday. You have been featured with this week's party! http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/2013/01/blog-stalking-thursday-78.html I would love for you to grab a feature button and wear it proudly! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips