Friday, January 25, 2013

A Simple Valentine Centerpiece


Last week I started a couple of Valentine projects to spiffy up the house for February. 

Here's a super fast & easy Valentine centerpiece that you can whip up in under an hour!




All you need is a large cylinder vase, 3 paper doilies, paper hearts (I cut mine with my Cricut from some pretty scrapbook papers), a sewing machine, thread, & some baker's twine.




I started by laying out the paper doilies & arranging the hearts.




Then, I simply fed them through the sewing machine using a wide zigzag stitch.




I wrapped it around my vase & secured it with some turquoise baker's twine.




I added my trusty battery operated pillar candle.




Done!




(At night.)




I also cut some extra hearts & put them in my seasonal wreath. (You can see more seasons here & here.)




It's official: The Valentine's decorating has begun!

Have you started decorating for Valentine's Day? What kind of decor do you enjoy?

Check out more of my Valentine's crafts & decor...

A Valentine candy box



~~~~~

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), 
or follow along on FacebookPinterestInstagram, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!



4 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I love to sew and do paper crafts, but never thought to combine the two! Thank you for the tutorial. I have a link party open now Monday Makeover for Your Table. I'd like to invite you to share your centerpiece there. I

    http://www.ahumblecreation.com/2013/01/monday-makeover-party-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simple and lovely!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the wreath! I'm pinning it to my Valentine's board!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/01/submarine-sunday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and cute! What a great idea :) Thanks for linking up to The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips