Have you ever been in a card store, buying wrapping paper for a gift? You may grab a bow that goes with the gift wrap & be struck by how expensive those things are! Did you know you can make something similar out of tissue paper for just pennies?
1. Start with one sheet of tissue paper.
2. Fold it to approximately the size you want your flower.
3. Cut a flower shape out of the folded tissue paper.
4 & 5. You can even layer different colours together.
6. To add an adhesive square to the back, simply cut a square from an adhesive backed foam sheet or paper.
7. Staple it, adhesive side OUT, to the flower.
8. Flip over. Starting with the top layer or two of tissue, gently pinch the paper together to create petals. Keep going until most of the layers are pinched or until you get a look that you like.
9. Peel off protective sheet from the adhesive & stick to your gift.
Make them as large or small as you want too!
Here, I made an extra large one for this gift bag.
Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar),
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)
Enjoy your day!
This project was featured on: