Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Autumn Decor 2012

October is here & fall is in full swing. We had a beautiful September with lots of warm weather. Things are starting to feel cooler. The wind has picked up the last couple of days, resulting in a lot of fallen leaves... I've been seeing some trees that are already empty. That kind of makes me sad. Fall goes by so fast here in Saskatchewan.

I finally finished my fall decor last week. Since we don't have a mantle, I settle for doing some vignettes around our living room & kitchen.

Let's start in the living room, shall we?


I grouped a bunch of pumpkins together on a felt placemat from the dollar store.


I put some glittered pumpkins in my small lantern with some fake fall leaves.


The whole vignette.


In my large lantern, I placed a battery operated candle that runs on a timer. That way, it goes on automatically in the evening for a few hours.


I also covered some books in brown paper since their colours didn't jive with the whole fall theme I wanted.


I also have my happy fall wreath in the living room which I posted about last week.


In the kitchen, I simply put some fall-looking flowers in with the vignette I have up on time of my cabinets.


What have you done to decorate for fall?

Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!



Featured at:

See Vanessa Craft

6 comments:

  1. This is really a beautiful fall display. Really enjoyed it and may have to steal some ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY PRETTY display, I love the glass marbled pumpkin! We both linked up projects on 52 Mantels I would be honored if you stopped by my blog too! Blessings~ Nina atirinspireddecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouseThursday, October 04, 2012

    Really nice Fall vignette! I really need to get in gear and get all my Fall decor up. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Housewives of Riverton. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-17.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina from A Few Pretty ThingsSaturday, October 06, 2012

    I love the little pumpkins inside the lantern! I came here from the Sweet Saturday link party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vignette and fall decor!! I recognize from the dollar section at Michaels! I would love for you to come link up your awesome blog to my Get Social party. http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/10/get-social-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice steph. i like the use of the felt placemat and the arrangement above the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips