Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Apple Streusel Muffins {Revisited}

Last week, I had a HUGE surprise! My chai loaf went crazy on Pinterest & exploded in views in just one week! Thank you, everyone! 
I figured after updating the photos on that recipe, it took off, so I should do the same with some others. 

My next update:


These tasty, moist muffins have a crumbly brown sugar topping - so delicious! You can also reduce the fat by using a bit of applesauce, but not sacrifice any of the flavour. Enjoy!

APPLE STREUSEL MUFFINS
makes 12

Topping:
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. butter, softened
1/8 tsp. cinnamon

In small bowl, rub together topping ingredients until crumbly. Set aside.

Muffins:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup canola oil (or to reduce the fat, use 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce & 1/8 cup canola oil)
3/4 cup finely chopped or shredded apple

Mix dry ingredients. Set aside. Mix wet ingredients. Combine both until just moistened. Do not over mix. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in 400º F oven for 15-20 minutes.


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)


Enjoy your day!



This recipe featured on:

Barns & Noodles

11 comments:

  1. Nancy at maddaleeTuesday, October 09, 2012

    Hi Steph, these apple muffins look really good, thank you for sharing! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing! http://moresisterstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I might have to try these this coming week when my parents come to visit! Thanks for the recipe!
    Kat from kat-murray.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to share this with my sister who loves to bake! Found your yummy post via Five Days... 5 Ways.
    ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Sister StuffFriday, October 12, 2012

    We nominated you for the Liebster Award. You can check it out here:


    http://moresisterstuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/we-were-nominated-for-liebster-award.html



    Also, if you wanted to swap buttons let us know by leaving a comment on the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following you right back! These muffins look delish and great cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love if you shared this on the CSI Project this week. The challenge is fall food and this is perfect. You can come by everyday for a new tutorial/recipe and then on Wednesday night you can link up. You just might win the challenge and there is a giveaway.
    www.thecsiproject.com
    Hope to see you there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie@MyDarlingDaysTuesday, October 16, 2012

    Yummy!!! These looks so good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can smell these from here! They look amazing! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up! Come back again this Thursday night!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound Amazing!! Yum! Thank you so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation. I am going to be featuring your muffins on my blog tonight!!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious! Nice work, I haven't had apple streusel in years but it sounds soo good

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips