Wednesday, July 04, 2012

DIY Map Gift Bag

  It's not always easy wrapping a grad gift or a dad gift. Masculine wrappings often leave much to be desired. Usually it comes down to a gift bag festooned with fishing tackle or striped wrapping paper. The options are normally pretty limited. 

  Until now. 

  Have I got a solution for you! Enter your new best friend... old maps.

  You can simply wrap a box with a map which would be perfectly acceptable, or you can kick it up a notch by creating your very own customized gift bag.


  All you need is:
  • a blank bag
  • a map
  • a strip of cardstock in a complimentary colour
  • 2 brads to fasten the pinwheel centres 
  • glue

I used this template for the pinwheels.

Cut on the lines. Punch holes on the dots. Fold the dots to the middle & fasten with a brad.




  How great are these pinwheels? They add a little fun touch to what could be a stuffy-looking gift.

They may not, however, be for everyone. Totally cool. Just leave them off & do the strips of map paper on the sides of the bag. 

Awesomeness.

My work here is done. ;)

~~~~~


Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, feel free to become a follower, 
subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar), or follow along on FacebookPinterest, or Twitter
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)

Enjoy your day!


This project was featured on:

It's Overflowing Tuesday To Do FEatured

13 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea Steph! I love the pinwheels. I think this would translate well to a lot of other gifts too and it'd be a great way to use up all of my paper scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!! I so appreciate it! I love the idea of using a map to decorate a gift...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seaweed & RaineFriday, July 06, 2012

    Another totally cool idea using maps. Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out really cute! I've never thought of using old maps, I have used newpaper and comics though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacey of Embracing ChangeMonday, July 09, 2012

    I love this idea - so cute and creative Steph!
    Thanks for sharing - Stavcey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth @ Aunt B's KitchenMonday, July 09, 2012

    Nice projects. I love old maps too. :) Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steph! This is AWESOME!!! Very original!


    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This gift bag is way too cute! I am now
    following you on linky and GFC. I would love for you to visit, follow
    back and maybe even link up on my Monday linky party.
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html



    Thanks

    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...so CUTE! Featuring you on Saturday! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tooo cute! love your blog. Im a new follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toqua's CraftsFriday, July 13, 2012

    Too Cute! I made a pinwheel wreath earlier this year that I have hanging on my front door. I *LOVE* it! I really enjoy pinwheels. You using pinwheels to decorate this bag is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a BEAUTIFUL gift bag.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips