Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mango Lemonade Pops


Are you enjoying the summer so far? 
We're starting to cross a few things off the 100 Things To Do This Summer list... This being one of them!

These are like popsicles for the grown ups, but the kids love them too!




Mango Lemonade Pops
makes 6 pops

1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup water

1 cup peeled, chopped fresh or frozen mango (about 1 mango)
3/4 cup water
2 Tbsp lemon juice
A couple of fresh mint leaves

Plastic cups or Dixie cups
Popsicle sticks

1. Make a syrup with the sugar & water by combining the two in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat & let cool completely.

2. In a blender, combine remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Stir in syrup, mixing well. 

3. To make pops, divide mixture evenly into 6 plastic cups. I just used disposable party cups.


4. Freeze for about an hour or until a popsicle stick can be inserted into the mixture & stay standing upright. :)



5. Freeze until firm. To remove pop from cup, run the plastic end under hot water for a few seconds until you can pull the pop out by the stick.




Enjoy this fun summer treat!

~~~~~

I want to say thank you to all my new followers on all the social media sites as well as to those of you who have subscribed by email! I look forward to getting to know you all a bit better. :)

Just a quick note, Facebook has made some changes to the fan pages recently. You may not be seeing my posts in your newsfeed if you haven't checked the "Show in News Feed" option. All you have to do is go to my Facebook page, hover over the "Liked" button as shown below & make sure it's checked so you don't miss a thing!




Thanks!


Enjoy your day!


This recipe was featured on:

homework The 36th AVENUE

16 comments:

  1. Just found your blog from the winthrop chronicles link up and I am thinking I need to make a quick trip to the store!! These look divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO YUMMY!!!  Gosh I would love to have one right now!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, these sound way better than the ones you get at the corner store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented, and in Today's Saturday Spotlight Talent Show over on Craft-O-Maniac. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you on The Six Sister's Stuff. Love these pops! My daughter's and I make some that are very similar. I want some now! I am your newest follower and would love it if you'd follow me back! Have a great weekend!

    Leslie ~
    www.dishingwithleslie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so refreshing! I might have to give these a try. I hope you'll link up at Off the Hook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good! I'm your newest follower and I’d love for you to share this on Tuesday’s Tidbits @ Naptime Delights:
    http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-link-party-5.htmlThanks
    so much!

    Sarah


    {http://naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so yummy!  I'm definitely loving popsicles right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look SO good!  I would have never thought to put Mango and Lemonade together, but it sounds delightful!  I just shared on facebook and pinterest! 

    ReplyDelete
  10. These popsicles look like some tasty eats! And with the weather here the next few day's, I'm thinking we'll need something cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GREAT recipe!  I hope you will come over to Cast Party Wednesday and share it with us.  Thanks, I hope to see you there!
    ---Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain---
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=30803

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is looks so good, I was wondering if you would link it in my Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.  Here is the link:

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-aftershave-and-wednesdays.html

    I would love to have anything that you would like to link.
    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great addition to my Popsicle recipe collection! Thanks, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosia | Kiddie FoodiesWednesday, June 05, 2013

    Looks really great!! Pinned:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look delicious and so refreshing! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PurpleLightning123Tuesday, July 09, 2013

    So I'm having a birthday party with lots of different popsicles, and I'm wondering what's the best method for keeping them cool, while still having them out of the cup or popsicle container?
    These look great, and will surely be served!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips