Have you begun your spring cleaning? I've done a few of the tasks on my list, but have lots left to do!
In addition to my regular cleaning, here's my list:
Update: After talking to some friends of mine, it has come to my attention that you may think I do this whole list every year. While I strive to do my very best, alas, I don't complete this list every spring... ever! :) It is simply a guideline & something to work towards. Don't let it stress you out. :)
- Disinfect all doorknobs, light switches and power outlets.
- Spot clean walls and touch up paint where needed.
- Vacuum and Wipe down all baseboards with a damp rag. Touch up paint where needed.
- Vacuum and wipe down all doors/door frames with a damp rag. Touch up paint where needed.
- Dust and wipe all air vents.
- Windows: remove plastic. Clean glass, casing and sills.
- Pull out washer and dryer. Vacuum and wipe underneath, behind and all surfaces.
- Clean walls & ceilings of spiderwebs.
- Wash all floors.
- Wash / dust off house plants.
- Wash throw rugs.
- Clean blinds.
- Couches: vacuum underneath & under cushions.
- Empty filing cabinet, sort into keep/toss.
- Clean light fixtures.
- Bathroom cabinets/drawers. Pull everything out; wipe down inside of cabinet.
- Wash shower curtains.
- Wash bath mat.
- Clean light fixture.
- Clean & seal grout.
- Kitchen cabinets/drawers. Pull everything out; wipe down inside of cabinets.
- Clean cabinet fronts & top of cabinets.
- Pull out fridge & stove, vacuum and mop behind and underneath.
- Defrost the deep freezer. Toss any expired food.
- Clean oven & stove top, removing knobs & cleaning thoroughly.
- Clean small appliances: toaster, microwave, coffee maker, & Kitchen Aid
- Wash ALL bedding, blankets, pillows, & bedskirts.
- Wash curtains.
- Vacuum under beds & dressers.
- Go through closets. Put away winter clothes & coats, setting aside any items to donate. Bring out spring & summer wear!
- Call charity to book donation pick-up.
- Wash windows & doors.
- Clean patio furniture.
- Deep clean BBQ.
- Clean out garage.
for a whole lot more Spring Cleaning lists & tips.
Thanks for reading. If you like what you see here on Silver Boxes, I'd love it if you would become a follower on Google Friend Connect, subscribe by email (sign up on the right sidebar),
And please leave a comment when you do so I know who my new friends are! :)
Enjoy your day!