Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Valentine's Vignette

I have to tell you that I don't usually do any decorating for Valentine's Day. 
But this year I was feeling pretty inspired by all the pretty mantels I've been seeing. 

Small problem. I don't have a mantel. 

Bah! That can't stop me!

So I started looking around our house. When I got to the piano, I stopped. It's deeper than a mantel top, but our antique piano has plenty of space to do a vignette. 

Off I went.


Another problem. After looking around, I found almost nothing to use for my desired Valentine vignette. I had red books, a pink candle, & the felt "Love" sign I had purchased at a dollar store a couple of years ago.


I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this display since it's not up for very long, so I started to create. 

I went & bought some bulk Valentine candy & displayed them in clear jars.


The button stash came out & I made a little button heart, mounted it on some pink fabric, & displayed it in an embroidery hoop.


This old frame was hiding out under our guest bed. 
I painted it white with some craft paint to go with the Valentine theme.



This paper heart garland was so easy to make! Paper, a paper cutter, & a stapler is all you need! 
The idea came from The Wedding Chick's blog. Check out the link for the measurements & photo instructions.


My daughter is thrilled with this garland & is begging to have it in her room after Valentine's Day. :)


 So... do you decorate for Valentine's Day? Do you decorate differently each year or the same each year?

Love day is getting ever closer! But hey, don't wait... share some love today!

Enjoy your day!
This project was featured on:




18 comments:

  1. Stephanie, your Valentine decorations are absolutely beautiful ......  just like you!  Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!  You always come up with the sweetest projects!  Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute! LOVE the paper hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great decorations.  I really like the button heart and garland in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lOVE, LOVE, love this! It's a great display, and is both simple and lovely at the same time! Great job as always Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE!!! I love all the decor. I am actually in the process of making a heart garland similar to that!! They are so cute! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the red heart behind the buttons.  I've always seen the buttons directly on the background fabric, but I think the red adds an extra dimension on makes a cute craft even cuter.  Love how everything came together!  (Came over from bubbly nature creations)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this vignette! I'm pinning it right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello There- You have been featured on COM for today's Saturday Spotlight Talent Show. xo, jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect!! And, look at you making a "mantelscape"!! :) You know I love that! 

    Thanks for linking up!! I always look forward to your posts!! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amie @ PinkapotamusMonday, February 06, 2012

    I love this!  Soo festive and fun.. and I just adore your button heart art!  I would love love love it if you would share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2012/02/pink-hippo-party-66.html@3920ef221ea27ce8f5cfafb324d65066 I am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, just wanted to let you know that I featured this today from my Show & Share party.  Thanks for linking up!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-share-25-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mantel, especially those paper hearts!

    {Found you through Southern Lovely}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, Stephanie, I'm so glad I saw this...I don't have a mantel either but I DO have a piano!  Great idea!  And yours looks so festive!  So glad you shared at Shine on Fridays; thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your Valentine ideas look so stinkin cute!!!  Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We loved having you and hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas!  -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the mantel. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips