Last week, when I posted about my grey & yellow vignette, I gave you a peek at the wooden letter that I recently finished. Today, I'm going to show you how I did it!
Here's what I started with:
~Black Craft Paint (not shown)
1) Trace & cut out the letter shape as well as strips for the sides on the letter.
2) Mod Podge the aluminum foil edges first. Shiny side down. Be careful to smooth out any bubbles.
3) Now, Mod Podge the front & back. Again, shiny side down. Let dry.
4) Once it's dry, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the whole thing. Let dry.
5) Working in small sections, brush on a small amount of black craft paint. Wipe off with an old rag or paper towel. Work quickly because the paint dries fast! A bit of paint with stick in the crinkles & corners, giving it an industrial look. Let dry.
Incorporate it into your decor & enjoy!
On a completely different subject, what do you think of the new chevron background on Silver Boxes?
I'm likin' it. I'm trying to learn some new blogging skills so I can change up the look a bit.
You may see more changes soon. Thanks for your patience as I learn. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by. Make it a great Monday!