Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Egg Nog Tarts

  Christmas is almost here! What happened to the month of December? I really would like to know. Are you ready for the big day? Here's my list: Shopping (check!), wrapping (check!), decorating (um, almost), cooking (nope), baking... I can at last check off the baking from my list. This was the last recipe I made for this year's sweet collection.


Eggnog Tarts
makes approx. 2 dozen

1 package (6 serving size) vanilla pudding mix
1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 cups purchased eggnog

1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped

24 tart shells (I used purchased)
nutmeg for garnish

1) Bake tart shells according to package directions. Cool.

2) Combine pudding mix, gelatin, & nutmeg in a saucepan. Slowly stir in eggnog. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat. Chill 1 hour or until almost set.

3) Beat pudding mixture until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. 

4) Spoon into tart shells & refrigerate until completely set, about 2 hours.

5) Sprinkle with nutmeg.

6) Store in the refrigerator. 


I ran out of tart shells & had some leftover pudding. And let me tell you that it's very good on it's own too! :)

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. The Lovely CupboardSunday, December 25, 2011

    These look gorgeous! Thanks for linking up & Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Yum Yum!!!  This looks SO GOOD!!!  I LOVE eggnog and this would be the best treat EVER!  I'm going to try it this week for sure!!!  XO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips