Wow! Is it really less than a month until Christmas? Are you busy getting ready? I sure am! This weekend, it looked like my craft room threw up... I had so many things on the go. It was such a mess! I can't forget how blessed I am to even have a craft room to mess up... The last two houses we lived in, I didn't have that luxury.
Here's one of the projects I was working on. Vintage spool tree ornaments. I found the vintage spools at a thrift shop this fall. I had pinned this idea on Pinterest & knew exactly what I was going to do with them. They turned out so pretty!
- spools (vintage or new)
- all-purpose white glue
- sheet music or other paper
- pearl beads
- wire (I just used Christmas tree ornament hooks)
- small wire working pliers
- hot glue
- Start by running a small bead of glue on the edges of the spools. Roll in glitter. Let dry.
- Cut strips of sheet music or other paper & adhere to the centre of the spools.
- Glue buttons to the bottom of the spool with hot glue.
- Shape your wire into curly-cues & add pearl beads. Add a twist on each end of the bead to keep it on the wire. Glue into top hole of the spool with hot glue.
- Call your friends & brag to them about your pretty Christmas ornaments!
They look so nice & vintage-y on our Christmas tree.
A set of these would also make a fabulous gift... especially for a seamstress or fellow crafter. :)
I'm definitely going to keep my eyes peeled for more of these little goodies.
I hope you're starting to enjoy the Christmas spirit & have had some time to start your preparations.
Enjoy your day!