Sunday, November 13, 2011

Spool Christmas Trees

  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Most of the stores are decorated for the Season & I must say I'm getting the urge myself! I have a few friends who have put up their Christmas trees & other Christmas decorations. I haven't put any decorations up yet, but I'm busy crafting them!

  I made these sweet little spool trees this weekend. I think they'll look darling in my little girl's room. The colours are perfect.


Supplies:
  • Spools - I bought them at Michaels, but you could use vintage ones too. 
  • Patterned paper strips
  • Twine
  • Buttons
  • Adhesive & glue - I used glue dots to adhere the paper & buttons. Then hot glue to glue the spools together.
  • Die cut stars
I hadn't used hot glue for ages so I got it a little gloppy in places. I got better at it the more I did. :)




Are you getting excited for the Christmas season? I am!!

Enjoy your Monday!
Linkin' Up:
Mommy By Day... Crafter By Night (my Christmas Banner from last week was featured!!)

19 comments:

  1. DARLING, I SHARED these on my COM-FB page. Have a super day. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too darn cute- will have to try to squeeze them into my Christmas craft projects this year for my sewing girldfriends! Visit me at http://dkdesigns-creatingbeauty.blogspot.com/ and just signed up as a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen @Creating with the j'STuesday, November 15, 2011

    They turned out great! I saw them on a cover of magazine and thought they would be cute, but they haven't been made yet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute!!  This is the first time I've seen these out of pinterest!  LOVE them! ;) So pretty!!  Would LOVE it if you would share this project at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/11/turquoise-lovin-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! I might do this with my cork collection-thanks for the great idea! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet! So clever and so pretty! Great job, Steph!  Thanks for sharing at the Holiday Highlights party! ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute cute, thank you for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steven and Carrie PericolaSaturday, November 19, 2011

    Beautiful!! I would love it if you would share them at my sharing party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/11/sharing-saturday-6.html. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, cuteness!!  Thanks a million for linking up at Shine On Fridays...I always love seeing your lastest projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, newest follower, I too saw these on a magazine, and you did it!  They are great, so cute!  I wanted to do them myself, thanks for sharing!  Hope to see you stop by for a visit and follow me back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sew cute!!
    I'd love it if you could share this at my Simply Christmas Inspitaion Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/yay.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These would be great at magnets! Really cute. Nice work! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Steven and Carrie PericolaWednesday, November 23, 2011

    Thank you for sharing at Crafty Moms Share. I hope you will join us again on Saturday to share something new.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had seen these on one of my craft magazines and fell head over heels for them. I have one that I constructed featured on my blog www.WildAtHeartStudios.blogspot.com Come check out another rendition of a great holiday decoration! Hope to have you as a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your things are pretty like Christmas things, Great Job

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips