Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Fudge

  Christmas is the season of sweets. Cookies, cakes, pies, candies... and Fudge! 

  For as long as I can remember, I've loved fudge. I remember visiting The Fudgery in Banff, Alberta every summer & being able to choose my very own piece of sweet, gooey fudge from their vast selection of flavours. Another great part of the fudge shop was the big window they had in the front of their shop. You could stand outside & watch them make batch after batch of their amazing creations. 

  Several years ago, I found this super easy fudge recipe. It's a very versatile recipe - you can add whatever extras you want! Dried fruit, nuts, marshmallows, peanut butter, cookie pieces, candies... Let your imagination run wild! My kids love the marshmallow version so that's usually what I make.


Basic Chocolate Fudge
Makes about 2 lbs.

3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp melted butter (if adding extras)

Over low heat, melt chips with sweetened condensed milk & salt. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla (and butter, if using). Fold in extras if desired. Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8 or 9 inch square pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board, peel off paper & cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator. Also freezes well.

Extras:
If you're putting in any extras, add 2 Tbsp melted butter to fudge mixture. Then fold in 2 cups of marshmallows, nuts, candies, cookie pieces, dried fruit, etc.

~~~

Enjoy your fudge creations!
Linkin' Up:

5 comments:

  1. Looks simple and delicious!  That's my kind of fudge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...marshmallows in fudge. Yummy! My daughter would love this too. I'd love for you to join my weekly linky, Crazy Sweet Tuesday sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fudge too, but I always seem to go for peanut butter myslelf and eat the chocolate when I go somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven and Carrie PericolaTuesday, November 29, 2011

    Mmmmm...I love fudge too. This recipe looks great. I wanted to pass on a blog award to you. Please check it out at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/11/another-award.html. I hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! I love fudge too!! Thanks for sharing at our Special Christmas Soiree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips