Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Christmas Banner

  It's done! Yesterday I finished making the Christmas banner for my friend, Angela's store window. Here's the big reveal!




I'm so in love with it that I HAVE to make one of these banners for myself!



Supplies used:

  • Patterned paper - 5 patterns
  • Solid cardstock - cream, green, red
  • Eyelets
  • Stickles - brown
  • Ribbon
  • Cricut machine. Cartridges used: George & Basic Shapes (rectangle), Winter Wonderland (scalloped tag), & Alphalicious (letters)

A close up while just after I finished putting on the Stickles (glitter glue)
  Fun little tip: While I was oh-so-carefully applying the Stickles, my hand slipped & I got a little glob off the line I was working on. I asked my daughter to quickly run & grab me a Q-tip. She came back with some toothpicks! Haha! It ended up being a fantastic mistake because I tried them & they worked like a charm! The tiny little end made it perfect for tidying up the uneven parts or any stray sparkles. 

~~~

What crafts are you currently working on? I realize that those of you who live in the U.S.A. will be celebrating Thanksgiving soon whereas we've already celebrated that holiday here in Canada. 
Do you decorate for Christmas before American Thanksgiving or after?

Whatever the case may be...Enjoy your day!
Pin It


Linkin' Up:

Update
This banner was featured on these blogs:

Cricut for Beginners


9 comments:

  1. This is so festive and pretty! You did a great job. I would love it if you would stop by and link this up to my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-7_6572.html

    Also, make sure you check out Random Act of Kindness Week going on next week. I would love to see you be a part of it!! :)http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/kindness-and-thanksgiving.html
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty banner!  We are hosting a Home for the Holidays link party and would love for you to join us!  It looks like you have lots of great projects! 

    http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2011/11/home-for-holidays-link-party_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Steph! You did such a great job! Looks much better than the "original".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! Such a lovely and festive sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very festive Steph.
    I’d love for you to come link this up at my Simply Christmas Inspiration party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing idea. I wish I wasn't away for Christmas - I'm not sure how conventional it is to take all of your Christmas presents with you!

    My first ever Christmas Link Party is still on and I would really love it if you would join my humble- sized party, but amazing crowd of crafters.  I hope you have the time to pop along and post.
    http://twelvecraftsofchristmas.blogspot.com/2011/11/new-christmas-link-party-no1.html
    Hope to see you there!
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!  I'm so glad you linked up at One Artsy Mama!  I'm loving your blog...so many great ideas.  I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! i love banners! they are so versatile and just scream happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your banner came out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips