Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Before & After home tour (part 2)

  My Before & After home tour continues today. I've got a few a photos to show you of our home makeover.

  This is our main bathroom before. It was truly awful. In fact, when we first viewed the house, I think I laughed out loud when I saw this room. It was SO dirty & outdated. Pictures do not do it justice. Mauve toilet & tub, dirty lilac walls, dusty lace curtains for the shower curtain & on the window. Nasty, grimy lino floor. The tub surround only went halfway up the wall so we couldn't use the shower. The list of nastiness just went on & on.

BEFORE
BEFORE

This after picture literally makes me breath a sigh of relief! 

AFTER

  We (and when I say we, I should give credit where credit is due. My fabulous husband & DIY expert, James, did most of the work. I just picked the stuff out.) started by ripping out everything but the tub. We had it refinished in white since it was in good condition other than the awful colour. We did the tub surround in a simple white tile, tiled the floor, painted the walls a pale green (it doesn't make me look sick, I promise!) put a new toilet in, new vanity, light fixtures, & towel bars. 

  I'm so pleased with how it turned out. Since we painted this room, I've heard that you should never paint a bathroom green because it can make a person look sick. This shade doesn't. It's General Paint's Ocean Bath CL 2041W. Check it out if you want a nice, soft green.

Recap:



If you'd like to see our living room makeover click here.
If you'd like to see our kitchen makeover click here.


We're very happy with how our renos have turned out & I'm enjoying sharing the journey with you all.
I've got recipes, highlighting some favourite vintage finds, & this week's papercrafts coming up later this week. 

Enjoy your day!

~Steph

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. :) I've got a lot of painting projects planned for when the weather cools off. Your makeovers look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!!

Blogging tips